Tuesday 19 July 2016

Weight-loss journey


So I've decided to lose weight. It's not the first time, and I'm sure it wont be the last. More than just wanting to, I need to. 

Some of the reasons why I want to lose weight are to feel more confident, for medical reasons (which I will be writing about in another post), and to be healthier.

The confidence side of things is a little complicated. I'm happy with who I am, I accepted myself a while ago. I know a lot of people don't like me, and I accept that too. Come to think of it, I won't go into a full-blown confidence talk. I can do that another time. That's one of my things, I talk. A LOT.


I know a lot of other people are losing weight, whatever the reasons are. I also need something to hold me to it, so I figured if I write a weekly post I'll have to keep to it. Good for me, good for the blog.

As I'm only just starting, I'm asking for advice. I don't really want to just make it a diet, I want to make it more of a lifestyle change. I honestly have no idea where to start.

For now, I have a few things I'm going to change:


  • Drink 2L of water a day
  • Eat less pasta
  • Plan meals and eat regularly
  • Eat breakfast

I'm going to post once a week, and include things like weigh-in or measurements, meal plans, exercise, etc. Come to think of it, I need to buy some bathroom scales. I really need to do that. 

I know this is a short post, and I promise the next one will be more detailed. For now, I'd like to ask you for some tips or advice on being healthier and losing weight. I'd like to add things into my daily routine, or stop doing them, and make it a lifestyle rather than a 3 month diet. What do you do to be healthier? Are the specific things I should or shouldn't do even though they are healthy, while I'm trying to lose weight?

Leave any advice you have in the comments, or you can Tweet me @farmerswifeblog :)

Bella x





No comments:

Post a Comment