Wednesday 3 August 2016

Why I can't share what I want to



This post is a little more serious than my others, but it's only to explain a little of what's going on and why I can't share everything with you. If you have any tips or advice for me, please share :) .


The reason I started blogging was to share my life with you, to help others in similar situations to what I have experienced, to log what's happening in my life right now. 



I'm sure a lot of other bloggers started blogging for the same reason, and many more will come along hoping to help too. Whether that help be in the form of advice from personal experience, maybe an English professor somewhere has a blog explaining things like the oxford comma. It's all valuable, there will always be someone that wants to know or is looking for some guidance. 

At the moment, I find myself in a bit of a tight spot. I really want to share some things with you all, but I can't. Some things I can tell you, due to myself being directly involved, other things I don't think I should share as there are children and other people involved. I keep it out of my blog more for the sake of the children and B than anything else.

As you may or may not know, I officially became a step-mum around February / March time. Not only does this mean that I help B take care of his two wonderful children, but it also means B's ex is still in the picture. 

This wouldn't be a problem, if she wasn't a problem. I'm telling you this as I have a right to. We have both reported her for harassment more than once. Stalking both of us online, calling our home number at all hours of the night and day just so she can scream down the phone and then hang up, sending people to our house and being aggressive towards us... I could go on and on. If she had only done this to B and I had not been involved at all, I wouldn't be telling you. I wouldn't be particularly happy about it, but it wouldn't be my story to tell you. 

But as it turns out, she has targeted me as well. I don't think this is fair, as I met B after they broke up. B and I only started a relationship after she had moved out. Therefore I see no reason as to why I'm the "bad guy" in any of this. Oh, and she even tried to convince B that I'm a "child-snatcher". The thought alone is hilarious! I told the police this when reporting her the second time, and he literally pissed himself laughing!

There are many more things that I would love to tell you (believe me, "child-snatcher" is only the start of it!) but out of respect for the children and B, I've decided to not address it on here. Maybe one day, when the dust has settled and if B is happy for me to share with you, I will. Until then, I'm going to have to sit back and think of holidays in Spain and non-alcoholic cocktails to distract myself.

I'm sure this post will also clear up some of what I have been tweeting, about being stressed and having so much going on. I will be addressing certain aspects of my situation in future posts, but again only because it affects me directly.

I'm going through everything with B, and helping him in every possible way, but I don't think it would be fair to write about any current events without his knowing or permission. I also have to be careful, as one day the children might find this blog and I would hate for them to have a negative view of their mother because of something I have said or written. They will make their own minds up about things, as I did when my parents split up. 

Thank you for being patient with me while my family and I work through this, I really appreciate it. If you have any tips for me or B to help manage stress, please share!

Thanks for reading,
Bella x



2 comments:

  1. I think that it is always up to you how you share, how much and what exactly you share. :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sharing more and more as time goes on, as what we're experiencing will probably help many other parents / step-parents, but for the moment I think it's best to keep relatively quiet about it :)
      Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :D xx

      Delete