Tuesday 13 September 2016

The Liebster Award

I never thought me or my blog would ever be nominated for anything, yet I'm here writing this - with a HUGE smile on my face - thanks to the wonderful Jade from It's My Mental Health

I have to be honest, I'd only ever heard of this award floating around cyberspace, and had never actually found out any more than it's an award for bloggers by bloggers. After reading Jade's post, I think I'm well informed enough to know what I've been nominated for!


That feels so weird to even think I've been nominated! I can't believe it!



It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and let them get to know you more too! Even if you're not nominated, I have to say it's a great way to be a little nosy haha!

Rules

Like all awards and most other things, there are some rules to follow otherwise it'd be chaos!

If you're nominated, here is what you have to do:

  1. Thank the blogger or bloggers that nominated you.
  2. Post 10 facts about yourself (optional).
  3. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave you
  4. Nominate at least 5 but not more than 11 bloggers that you think deserve the award
  5. Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
  6. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer

10 Facts about me

  1. As a kid I was constantly getting myself into sticky situations, like falling into a glass cabinet and needing surgery to sticking nuts up my nose. 
  2. I've never actually broken a bone, I only separated my wrist joint when I was younger.
  3. I've always had dogs or cats, and it feels weird not to have any at the moment.
  4. An obvious one you probably already know, but I'm a very young step-parent.
  5. I have my own handwriting, but still think it's better than anyone else's. I don't mean to sound mean!
  6. I'm extremely loyal to those I love, and will protect them as much as I can.
  7. I've become immune to the smells of the farm - what will make you cringe or gag won't bother me at all.
  8. I can swim like a fish. I'm pretty proud of it too! I've taught many people of all ages to swim, and I'm pleased to say helped people beat their fear of water.
  9. I'd prefer to spend my Friday or Saturday nights curled up on the sofa in comfy clothes rather than out partying - much like Jade! The only time I've actually gone out partying was for my step-mums hen-night this year!
  10. I find it really hard to talk about myself unless being asked questions, and it's taken me quite a while to think up 10 facts!

My questions from Jade!


1. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they and where?
I do! I have two tattoos. One says "I am not afraid" in a typewriter font on my right forearm, and my other says "And the sun loved the moon so much, he died every night to save her." on my right shoulder/back. I actually have a post about them coming soon!

2. Favourite film to watch when you’re feeling down?
I don't think I particularly have a favourite film... Would a genre count? Horror movies are my go-to no matter what my mood, but I often end up scaring myself silly!

3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
To be honest, I would probably stay in the UK or maybe Scotland, on a farm somewhere. I've lived in Spain most of my life, and moved back to the UK just last year so moving isn't something I want to even think about right now!

4. Is there anything you regret?
I regret quite a lot of things; things I have and haven't done, situations I've gotten myself into... But I try not to dwell on it too much, or think of them as regrets. We all make mistakes, and as long as we learn from them I think that's okay :)

5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Honestly? Right now it's drinking caffeine. I have now been banned from drinking more than half a cup of coca-cola - or plain cheap cola - or 1 cup of coffee a day by B. Sounds harsh, but if you read this post you'll probably guess as to why!

6. What is your Hogwarts House?
I know everyone will hate me for it, but I'm not that into Harry Potter. When it all came out and became a big thing in the UK, in Spain it wasn't nearly as popular and I never really thought about it. I did a quiz though just now, and apparently I'm in Hufflepuff.

7. What were you obsessed with as a child? Are you still obsessed with it now?
Stationery without a doubt. Notebooks, pencils, pens, pencil cases, colouring pens and pencils... I lived on this sort of thing! I still do! I love a brand new pretty notebook with nothing written in it.

8. Favourite season of the year and why?
I suppose it would have to be winter, because it's when I can get my jumpers and joggers out and not look like a nutcase. In the summer I wear jeans and jumpers at 25C and everyone looks at my like I'm mental. I'm used to 40C or more so 25C is quite chilly!

9. What are three of your goals for the rest of the year?
1. Be more sociable in the blogging community. I can talk for England in person, but online I become very shy and would rather someone else speak to me first. I'm trying to change that though!
2. Get our finances under control. We're not in danger of ending up with no money, but I think we -okay, I - spend a little too much on house-y bits and bobs when we could be saving up to do up the garden or the caravan.
3. Convince B to get a dog. We both want one, but he's still on the fence about it. I'm hoping as maybe a late Christmas present for the kids next year?

10.What are you most proud of?
I'm proud of lots of things! I don't know what I would consider myself to be most proud of... As I'm writing this up after being nominated for an award, I'd have to say right now I'm most proud of my blog!


I nominate...

I nominate these lovely people, in no particular order:
  1. Elle @ellexmay
  2. Shannon @shanvalentine_
  3. Katie @kneltweets
  4. Rachel @nospaceformilk
  5. Katie @katiemiddletonx
  6. Charlene @blogabtnothing1
And here are your questions:

  1. Have you ever broken any bones?
  2. Where's your favourite place to visit, abroad or otherwise?
  3. Do you have any pets?
  4. Why did you start blogging?
  5. What's two of your biggest achievements?
  6. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
  7. Does music help or distract you while writing?
  8. Best memory from the last year?
  9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
  10. Where do you see your blog in 5 years time?
  11. Your best piece of advice? This can be related to any topic!

I'd like to say another huge thank you to Jade - you should really go follow her, she's lovely! - for nominating me and my blog!

Have fun everyone!

B xx







No comments:

Post a Comment